Flat Ribbon Cable FRC 34 Core
Product Images shown are for illustrative purposes only and may differ from the actual Product.
Flat Ribbon Cable FRC 34 Core - 12 inches long
A Ribbon cable (also known as multi-wire planar cable) is a cable with many conducting wires running parallel to each other on the same flat plane. As a result, the cable is wide and flat. Its name comes from the resemblance of the cable to a piece of ribbon.
Ribbon cables are usually seen for internal peripherals in computers, such as hard drives, CD device, and floppy driver. On some older computer systems (such as the BBC Micro and Apple || Series) they were used for external connections as well. Unfortunately, the ribbon-like shape interferes with computer cooling by disrupting airflow within the case and also makes the cables awkward to handle, especially when there are a lot of them; round cables have almost entirely replaced ribbon cables for external connections and are increasingly being used internally as well.
- Shielded flat ribbon cable for EMI/RFI/ESD considerations
- Two drain wires for insured grounding
- Choose from a wide selection of conductor counts
- EMI, RFI, and ESD Applications
- Internal Wiring of Electronic and business Equipment
- Mass Termination for IDC Connectors
- Shielded IDC Connectors