TMP36 is a low voltage, precision centigrade temperature sensors from Analog Devices. Its output voltage has linear relationship with surrounding temperature (measured in Celsius); 10mV change in output voltage for every degree Celsius change in temperature.
The IC is pre-calibrated and no external calibration is required to provide typical accuracies of ±1°C at +25°C and ±2°C over the entire range of operational limit (−40°C to +125°C). TMP36’s low output impedance, linear behavior and precise calibration makes it convenient to interface with temperature control circuitry and ADCs. It is intended for single-supply operation from 2.7 V to 5.5 V maximum. Its self-heating is very low as it requires well below 50 μA supply current for functioning. Additionally, shutdown function can be used to cut the supply current to less than 0.5 μA.
The TMP36 is specified from −40°C to +125°C, provides a 750 mV output at 25°C, and operates to 125°C from a single 2.7 V supply. The TMP36 is functionally compatible with the LM50.
• Low voltage operation (2.7 V to 5.5 V)
• Calibrated directly in °C
• 10 mV/°C scale factor
• ±2°C accuracy over temperature (typ)
• ±0.5°C linearity (typ)
• Stable with large capacitive loads
• Specified −40°C to +125°C, operation to +150°C
• Less than 50 μA quiescent current
• Shutdown current 0.5 μA max
• Low self-heating
• Qualified for automotive applications
• Environmental control systems
• Thermal protection
• Industrial process control
• Fire alarms
• Power system monitors
• CPU thermal management