BMP180 Barometric Pressure Sensor
BMP180 Barometric Pressure Sensor Breakout Board
BMP180, a precision sensor from Bosch is the best low-cost sensing solution for measuring barometric pressure and temperature. Because pressure changes with altitude you can also use it as an altimeter! The sensor is soldered onto a PCB with a voltage regulator, I2C level shifter and pull-up resistors on the I2C pins.
The BMP180 is the next-generation of sensors from Bosch, and replaces the BMP085. The good news is that it is completely identical to the BMP085 in terms of firmware/software/interfacing.
Using a sensor as capable as the BMP180 you can achieve accuracy of 1m, with noise of only 17cm in ultra-high resolution noise. The device will operate at only 0.3uA meaning low current draw for battery powered applications. The BMP180 comes fully calibrated and ready to use. As the device operates over I2C we've added optional I2C pull ups that can be enabled using the PU (pull up) jumper on the board for your convenience and ease during breadboarding.
Using I2C, the device provides pressure and temperature as 16bit values, which are used along with calibration data within the device are used to provide a temperature compensated altitude calculation.
• Enhancement of GPS navigation (dead-reckoning, slope detection, etc.)
• In- and out-door navigation
• Leisure and sports
• Weather forecast
• Vertical velocity indication (rise/sink speed)
• Vin: 3 to 5VDC
• Logic: 3 to 5V compliant
• Pressure sensing range: 300-1100 hPa (9000m to -500m above sea level)
• Up to 0.03hPa / 0.25m resolution
• -40 to +85°C operational range, +-2°C temperature accuracy
• This board/chip uses I2C 7-bit address 0x77